What Is Landings2?
This program offers...
- Reflective reading
- Spiritual growth
- Transition to mature discipleship
- Is lay-led
- Is completely confidential
- Builds spiritual skills
Program materials include:
- Coordinator’s Handbook to assist parish leaders organize the program.
- Program Guide to train and guide the welcome team.
- Sessions Materials to provide the content for the Landings2 process.
Themes and Materials for Discussion
Session 1: What Now? – The Next Stage in Mature Discipleship
Session 1 reflects on one's Faith journey, using God-given gifts to build the Christian community.
Session 2: What Gifts Do I bring?
Session 2 introduces the concept of discernment and discipleship.
Session 3: Why Share my Gifts?
Session 3 focuses on the Incarnation and giving ourselves away to obtain life in its fullness.
Session 4: Putting Your Gifts to Work – Church Ministries
Session 4 explores concrete uses of our gifts to serve the Church.
Session 5: Putting Your Gifts to Work – Faith in Everyday Life
Session 5 explores concrete ways to use our gifts in reaching out and serving the wider world.
Session 6: Sustaining Faith over the Long Haul
Session 6 presents a variety of spiritual practices for sustaining one’s Faith through the life-long journey.
Questions often posed to new members
- Will you continue to follow Jesus and remain faithful after the initial excitement of renewed membership has faded?
- Will you continue to maintain an attitude of love and compassion toward others in your community who may be different from yourself?
- Will you have the patience and discipline to remain open to new joys and challenges of being a disciple and allow the Spirit to guide you?